Disabled Beneficiaries

Is there someone in your family with a learning disability? You may be concerned about how they will cope in the future when you're no longer there to care for them?

But how do you provide financially for someone who may find it difficult to manage their own affairs?

And how do you leave money to secure the future of a loved one without reducing their entitlement to DSS Benefits or Local Authority funding of Residential Care?

If you leave them your Estate, the money could go to the Social Services to pay for their long term care without any improvement to their lifestyle.

If you don't leave them your Estate their appointed Legal Representatives could make a claim under the "Provision for Family and Dependents Act 1975" and your Estate could end up with the Social Services anyway.

We have experience in Writing Wills for people in this situation. There are things you can do to ensure their Benefits are not reduced or your Estate is not taken to pay for long term care costs. However, all circumstances are unique and each case should be considered carefully before making a decision.